Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
We’re looking for an outstanding Footwear Materials Creative Lead to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help build the future of Nike Footwear Materials. The ideal candidate should be ready to learn the fundamentals of leading people (this includes team leadership, employee development, and creative leadership). We’re looking for someone who can lead and coach, while also delivering expert level design.
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design and materials solutions to meet the needs of the consumer on and off the court. This person will be focused on elevating the consumer experience by crafting materials that are performance and trend-relevant for a range of products, while driving an emotional connection to materials for the consumer through the use of narrative and storytelling. A passion for driving Nike’s purpose initiatives around sustainability and people are a must.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be working on a range of material designs, from crafting new technologies for brand-new models, all the way to curating and elevating existing materials for our Men’s lifestyle footwear products. You will also be managing direct reports and learning the fundamentals of people leadership in a player-coach dynamic. You will also be part of a new and exciting team within Nike called the Studio Team, where you will have the outstanding and exciting opportunity to help build the future of Nike Design and pioneer the future of collaboration and teamwork within design.
From concepting and conceptualizing all the way to finalizing tech packs, you will be working with manufacturing partners and communicating directly with athletes or consumers. The daily responsibilities of this role are multifaceted, high-reaching, and exciting.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be partnering with the Nike FW Industrial Design, Color Design, Graphic Design, Digital Design, marketing and Development teams, in bringing to life the seasonal creative direction through Footwear Materials design and innovation.
This role does have direct reports and will report directly to the FW Materials Design Director for Men’s Lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, art or related field; fashion design, product design, industrial design, accessory and footwear design, or textile design (Will also accept a master’s degree in fashion design, product design, accessory and footwear design, industrial design, or textile design); 2 years’ additional experience crafting innovative products in lieu of a degree
- Ideally 4+ years of relevant design experience exemplifying ability to push material design, and/or proven experience in Textile Design or Footwear Design. Will also accept a master’s degree and at least 1 year of experience in Textile or Footwear Design.
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product executions.
- Ability to create concepts and explore new Materials innovations and technologies and ideas
- Experience building inspiration/concept presentations, and mood boards for seasonal concepts and direction
- Experience building 3D samples and crafting mockup samples by hand
- Ability to present new insights or seasonal concepts to small and large groups
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Experience working and communicating directly with manufacturing partners to ensure the accuracy of intent and Materials executions
- Ability to create and edit files using Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability in participating in multiple seasonal projects with ambitious resources and dead lines
- Understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process, a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.